Hummingbird’s discovery engine: from sample to diagnostic
Hummingbird’s powerful discovery engine generates biomarkers for diagnostics, drug discovery and safety.
- Collection of samples from world class clinical network
- Preparation and measurement following robust SOPs - additional SOPs for all other major biofluids
- Identification of signatures using unique bioinformatics platform
- Validation of diagnostic signatures in cooperation with clinical network
Why mirna? Advantages and application
MiRNAs are small, highly conserved, non-coding RNAs playing crucial roles in the regulation of virtually all aspects of living cells.
MiRNAs have been implicated in a wide range of diseases – including different types of cancers, heart conditions and neurological diseases. They are promising candidates for diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers, as well as predictors of drug response. As non- or minimal invasive biomarkers from body fluids, they show a remarkable extracellular stability making them near ideal clinical biomarkers.
- Minimally invasive
- Patient friedly & reproductible
- Sample stable for storage & transport
- Standard platforms
- High throughput
- Dynamic regulator of cell/tissue function
- Monitors physiology and/or pathology in real time
- Longitudinal monitor
- Multiple markers
- Baseline steady in time
- Unaffected by other unrelated physiology e.g. exercise
- Multiple diseases
- Primary diagnosis
- Disease/treatment monitoring
- Companion diagnostics
- Origin of disease
- Immunological response
- Immune status
liquid biopsy diagnostics for Early disease detection
Committed to high industry standards
Hummingbird Diagnostics ensures highest quality data and services.
- Accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by DAkkS (German Accreditation Agency)
- Agilent Certified Service Provider